Vancouver Mini 4wd Club

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vancouver Mini 4wd Club

Promoting mini 4wd in Vancouver and Canada. Gathering mini 4wd racers in North America and have fun!

2 posters

How to wash double alumnium roller?

notHigh
    notHigh

How to wash double alumnium roller? Empty How to wash double alumnium roller?

Post  notHigh Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:27 am

Does anyone know how to wash double aluminum roller?

How to wash double alumnium roller? 15398

Do you put everything except for the screw and nuts in a container with Tamiya's thinner? Can I use Tamiya's x-20A?
    k.bystander

How to wash double alumnium roller? Empty Re: How to wash double alumnium roller?

Post  k.bystander Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:05 am

What I know about washing bearing is here

You put only those four 520 bearings in a container, and pour some ligher oil just enough to soak all the bearings in it. Put the lid on and shake it well.
    (I'm not really sure if Tamiya's X-20A also works...)

Open the lid and if you find the oil became dirty, wash them again with some new oil in the same way as the first time.

Repeat the process until the oil doesn't get dirty anymore.
    If you think they are clean, take them out from the oil and dry it by using a hair drier or osmething.

If you have a good bearing oil, use it a tiny bit.

Please try it and let me know how it went!

Very Happy
    notHigh
    notHigh

How to wash double alumnium roller? Empty Re: How to wash double alumnium roller?

Post  notHigh Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:56 am

Thanks for the quick reply. Another question, whats a good bearing oil you'd recommend for bearing/gears?
    k.bystander

Post  k.bystander Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:28 am

I went on the internet and found that some people recommend to use,

Microlon Metal Treatment Spray

F-0

WD-40

in specific. I'm not sure you can get them here...

I guess some Squalene Oils, Silicon Oils, and Bearing Oils works pretty good too. You might find them at a local fishing parts store, Canadian Tire, or somewhere like that.

Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:19 pm